- Which of the following media is not used in wireless communication ?
- Radio waves
- The wired communication channel is also known as—
- Guided medium
- Guided media
- Wired media
- All of the above
- Which type of media is used in cables of television transmission ?
- Twisted pair
- Coaxial cable
- Optical fibre
- The set of rules, that coordinates with the exchange of information, is called—
- Which type of protocol is used by www to transmit data ?
- The measure of the amount of information that can be transmitted in a fixed period of time is called—
- What is the unit of the rate of communication of data on the channel ?
- bps . ‘
- Which type of multimedia is used in digital libraries and video mail ?
- Integrated multimedia
- Interactive multimedia
- Linear multimedia
- Non-linear multimedia
- The quality of service provided by narrow band ISDN is—
- Which of the following cannot be regarded as multimedia ?
- A type of slide programme
- A CD-ROM with text and visuals
- A wavepage
- The layers of OSI reference model are also called—
- In how many ways can the switching system be established ?
- What is the name of the software which is an augmented version of CDS/ISIS ?
- Which type of protocol is used by interface for Public Data Network (PDN) ?
- What is used to support higher data rates in broadband ISDN ?
- Twisted pair
- Coaxial cable
- Insulated cable
- Optical fibre cable
- OSI reference model was implemented by—
- DELNET, ADINET, PUNET, … are the examples of—
(A) LANs (B) MANs
(C) WANs (D) ALA
- What type of protocol TCP is ?
- What name is given to the network which covers the area of a state, region, nation or even the whole world ?
(A)‘ LAN (B) MAN
(C) WAN D) IN
- Which of the following is not a characteristic of the software ?
Test Your Knowledge
|1.||(D)||2. (C)||3. (A)||4. (A)||5- (D)|
|6.||(B)||7. (A)||8. (A)||9. (C)||10. (A)|
|11.||(A)||12. (D)||13. (A)||14. (A)||15. (C)|
|16.||(B)||17. (B)||18. (B)||19. (A)||20. (C)|
|21.||(D)||22. (D)||23. (B)||24. (B)||25. (C)|
|26.||(A)||27. (A)||28. (D)||29. (C)||30. (B)|
|31.||(A)||32. (A)||33. (A)||34. (C)||35. (C)|
- Pakistan talks Kashmir, India seeks access to ‘abducted naval officer Jadhav.
India also seeks proper trial of the alleged perpetrators o the Mumbai attacks.
Foreign Secretaries level talks between India anc Pakistan were held in New Delhi on April 26, 2016. Indi used its first high-level contact with Pakistan since th January 2 attack on the Pathankot airbase to send out clear message that Pakistan must crack down on terro groups operating from* •its soil instead of being in ‘denial’ on terrorism.
During talks with his Pakistani counterpart, Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhary,
India’s foreign secretary S. Jaishankar also sought ‘early and visible progress’ in Pakistan probe Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar and his] into the Pathankot Pakistani counterpart Aizaz Ahmad attack and the trial of Chaudhary at South Block in New]
,i „ , , Delhi on April 26,2016.
the alleged perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks.
Bilateral contact between the two countries were stalled after the Pathankot airbase attack, blamed on the Jaishe-Mohammed (JeM) by India. Seven security personnel of India were killed in the attack.
PM Christens the system NAVIC, after mariners and
India’s own navigational system, the set-up for which was completed on April 28, 2016 with the launch of the seventh and final satellite, will be called NAVIC (Navigation with Indian Constellation). It was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi after the launch.
The seventh and final satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System, the IRNSS-1G, was launched into a sub-geosynchronous transfer orbit with a perigee (nearest point to the earth) of 284 km and an apogee (farthest point to the earth) of 20, 657 km. The satellite was launched on board the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) which took off from the Sriharikota launch pad at 12-50 p.m. on April 28, 2016.
With this launch, the IRNSS constellation of seven satellites is now complete. This will allow the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to focus on the process of designing front end chips which will receive the navigational signals sent out by the satellites. The system will be similar to the Global Positioning System (GPS) operated by the United States with 24 satellites and the Glonass, Galileo and BeiDou systems of Russia, Europe and China respectively.’1“